Yule Log Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Grease one 15 ½ x 10 ½ x 1 inch, line with wax or parchment paper
3. Grease parchment paper
4. Prepare batter using Genoise recipe for Genoise Cake
5. Scrape batter into pan and spread evenly. Bake in lower third of oven until top springs back when lightly pressed. About 5 - 6 minutes maybe longer.
6. Sprinkle clean dish towel with sifted powdered sugar
7. Loosen warm cake from pan edges and invert onto dish towel
8. Remove pan carefully peeling off paper.
9. Gently roll up cake in towel from short end, jelly roll style
10. Let cake cool completely on wire wrack.
* You can store in the refrigerator for a day and do the filling, frosting and assembly the next day.
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
¾ cup heavy cream
1. Melt chocolate chips and cream in heavy 1 qt saucepan over low heat until chocolate melts. Pour into small bowl.
2. Cover and refrigerate 1 ½ hours or until spreadable.
¾ Tbsp unsalted butter
¾ cup whipping cream
9 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 Tbsp instant coffee dissolved in 1½ tsp water
3. Bring cream and butter to boil over medium high heat, stirring to melt. Remove from heat.
4. Add chocolate, whisk until melted.
5. Transfer to bowl. Let cool at room temperature till thick enough to spread, about 1 hour.
6. Unroll cake, remove towel.
7. Spread cake with filling to within ½ inch of the edge.
8. Re-roll cake placing seam side down
9. Frost with Mocha Frosting
10. Using prongs of a fork drag lengthwise to simulate bark
11. Garnish with Marzipan Mushrooms or chopped pistachios.
Are French menus confusing? A guide to France food restaurant menus for eating out in France with confidence.
Food is a major highlight of the culture of France.
Having a romantic dinner party? What a great occasion to try out some of these French love phrases.
Will you be eating a famous French dessert in Paris?
Why not shop first to get an appetite... the best shopping in Paris guide for you.
Where to stay in Paris: